Dear brethren and friends,
Despite the adverse circumstances, the situation with the COVID pandemic is getting better. The restrictions are slowly lifting up. It has been over a year that we have not had a large gathering and we hear your desire to congregate again.
The regulations are relaxing more everyday in Quebec. This is why we are pleased to announce that our May Montreal Conference which was postponed and then rescheduled for June 25-27 is now CONFIRMED!
Our topic is “Love, Marriage, Struggles, God”. We hope that you can attend and feel blessed, whether you are married, single, divorced or looking for marriage.
We will still have to tolerate some restrictions:
1) Crossing the US/CAN border is still almost impossible for our southern neighbors. They have a 2 weeks quarantine period and several tests to perform. Therefore, we do not expect US visitors.
2) A maximum of 250 people is allowed in the church, provided we can keep social distancing. Realistically, we do not expect more than 100 guests at this time.
3) Masks are mandatory for everyone above 12 years old, unless they provide a written medical exemption. The laws in Quebec allow no exceptions. We hope that you understand that this simple method is what allows us to hold this meeting.
4) There will be some sanitizing gel and masks distributed at the entrance of the church. We ask that you please use them and keep social distancing.
5) We have gotten the habit to great each other with an elbow check instead of a hug or handshake until this situation is over. We ask that you may be particularly vigilant about this.
6) We will keep a logbook at the lobby entrance and you have to provide your name and phone number. We will only use it in case there is a contagion so that we may know who was potentially exposed.
7) Hosting people is not really possible at this time. If you are not from Montreal area, we ask that you secure a hotel room. Our suggestion is here: Hotel Dorval – Beausejour Apartments – 440, Roy Avenue, Dorval, Québec H9S 3E1 Canada (https://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotel/HotelRoomTypes.htm?HotelID=398657#HotelName)
8) Regarding food, on Saturday (Sabbath), a simple lunch will be provided free of charge to all our guests. We are not allowed to have a potluck where everyone brings food and share. Therefore, we ask that you may only bring food for yourself for Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning. Sunday lunch will also be provided.
This conference is primarily an outreach conference. We hope to receive as many non-SDARM guests to our meetings as possible. Please keep this in mind so that we may not only socialize with those we know but also look for opportunities to talk with people that we have never seen and fellowship with them.
Please find below the flyer that we prepared for this event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, let us know if you are planning to come, it will be easier to plan for food quantities.
I’m looking forward to see you!
May God richly bless you.
To attend the conference live on Zoom, follow this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4634756830?pwd=dGJFS2ZRS2pKV2RyZkxFUXA0WWZ5QT09
All recordings will be posted on YouTube shortly after the conference: www.YouTube.com/LeMeilleurChemin